Thanks for helping us celebrate the last of our #100days100traveltips
Here’s a quick summary of our favorites:
Top booking/reservation tip?
- Rebecca – when using discount sites, like Priceline, be aware of the cancellation policies as many are non-refundable
- Michelle – no need to get insurance through rental car companies; your insurance should cover you
- Sandy – booking directly through the provider (as opposed to a wholesaler) is helpful if reservation changes need to be made laterTop travel technology tip?
- Rebecca – Hotel electronic keys via your phone are becoming more common and are very convenient
- Michelle – make sure you have chargers and if you forgot it they have extras at hotels
- Sandy – keep a small travel technology bag stocked with extra charging cords, a back up portable charger and earbudsTop global travel tip?
- Rebecca – Google translate is amazing, especially for visually translating menus and signs
- Michelle – Exchange roughly $200 USD and make sure you get some small bills/coins to use right away
- Sandy – Explore your international calling/data plan options before you travel internationally
Top Airport tip?
- Rebecca – don’t expect USB charging ports to work – the hardly ever do – so you’ll want to carry a wall plug and find an outlet near a seat or in a restaurant
- Michelle – buy a snack – you never know how long you’ll be on the flight
- Sandy – bring a refillable water bottle
Top Hotel tip?
- Rebecca – join the rewards programs and take advantage of dual reward credit earning with other travel partners like the rental car
- Michelle – ask for a better room or upgrade, the worst they can say is no
- Sandy – be aware of resort fees!
Top Road trip tip?
- Rebecca – look at the gas gauge to know which side to fuel up your rental car
- Michelle – take lots of snacks, especially for driving at night
- Sandy – Look for fun opportunities to make fun pit stops along the way at unique places
As we round out our #100traveltips, we are reflecting on our favorite trips and recapping them here.
Favorite European vacation destination?
- Rebecca – Munich, Germany Oktoberfest
- Michelle – Salzburg, Austria
- Sandy – Santorini, GreeceFavorite beach vacation destination?
- Rebecca – Catalina Island, California
- Michelle – Maui
- Sandy – Maui
Hello! We are rounding out our #100traveltrips with a list of our favorites:
Road trip destination?
- Rebecca – Chicago
- Michelle – Nashville
- Sandy – MemphisCruise destination?
- Rebecca – Cuba
- Michelle – Alaska
- Sandy – The islands of French Polynsesia
Favorite trip of all time?
- Rebecca – tie between Ireland and Australia (Australia was a work trip or it would probably win hands down)
- Michelle – French Polynesia
- Sandy – Ahhh….I cannot pick one! French Polynesia, Australia and New Zealand are at the top of my list.