- You can get involved to share a talent, such as on a church committee like Finance or Staff Relations, or to learn through book and Bible studies.
- Examples ways and places to volunteer:
- Taking treats to local service people & first responders
Spiritual Disciplines: Reading the Bible
- There are many different versions of the Bible. This might help you chose the right one for your current needs.
- We suggest you visit a Christian Bookstore or your church’s library/book store for help picking one if this is your first time reading and studying the Bible.
- Most churches offer classes and studies to help you learn the Bible in a more focused, useful way. They are usually free and you typically don’t need to be a member of the church to join in the education.
- Culture version of the Bible – example on Amazon
- YouVersion app – can switch through multiple versions of the Bible without spending money to buy each
- Daily reminder verse
- BibleGateway.com – sends email every night
- Matthew Kelly’s Best Lent ever – free daily email messages during Lent
- She reads Truth – very low cost plans tied to Christian calendar?
You might expect beautiful beaches and palm trees in Mexico, but how about cactus, desert and mountains? You won’t find those in Cancun! For a beautiful beach destination that also has the feel of the Arizona desert and the mountains of Southern California, check out the Los Cabos area. Located at the southern tip of the Baja Peninsula, you’ll find the beauty of Los Cabos. Enjoy lounging on the beach, sipping a cocktail at the swim up bar, snorkeling with whale sharks, whale watching from a catamaran or the nightlife of Cabo San Lucas. Regardless of your activity preferences, you’re guaranteed to be surrounded by the beauty of the area.
In this episode, the Lead.Travel.Pray. team discusses ways to create habits around prayer, gratitude and attending church. We offer suggestion based on what we have tried…and are often still failing to do. Ultimately we believe each person can and will find the spiritual discipline that fits them.
Helpful apps for prayers and devotions:
- Discount flight notifications for deals from your nearest airport delivered to your email nearly daily for $25/year – NextVacay.com
- Join frequent flyer programs and look for ways to double dip
- Prices often change late Monday nights so Tuesday is the best time to shop. Some advice suggests 3pm EST is the best time to shop for a fare on Tuesdays.
- At the airport:
- Research baggage prices and buy ahead – find out if the prices will increase if you wait to purchase at the airport
- Also research size requirements as weight and dimension can differ by airline
- Container store has nice small bottles for carry-on fluids
- TSA Pre-check or Global Entry are nice options for reducing your wait and streamlining your security experience; your credit company may reimburse this – look into it
- Clear is a new option in a few airports
- Global Entry is also a nice option which helps you clear customs faster when returning from out of the county; it includes TSA pre-check benefits
We’re all looking for a good deal on airfare and today’s easy access to travel sites allows us to compare and contrast fares across airlines. Travelers may expect to tack on additional costs to the ultra low cost carriers’ tickets but beware that the basic economy tickets on major carriers may also lack some of the standard options. These lower ticket prices may include restrictions like no seat choice, no carry on baggage, no upgrades and no qualifying frequent flyer miles. Read the fine print and be sure that the airline ticket you purchase does in fact include the options that are important to you. We love a good deal at LTP, but not at the expense of our upgrade eligibility!
Do you enjoy the (usually) shorter lines and less hassle of the TSA PreCheck line? If so, you’d probably be disappointed to be declined the opportunity to enter that line because your membership expired. These memberships are only good for 5 years.
The TSA began selling PreCheck memberships in December 2013. More than 420,000 travelers signed up in the first six months, with a total of 750,000 travelers signed up in the first year. This means that thousands of memberships are expiring each month this year. Most users can renew their membership for $85 through an easy online process and memberships can be renewed up to 6 months in advance of the expiration date. To learn more, check out the TSA website .