Top Airport tip?
- Rebecca – don’t expect USB charging ports to work – the hardly ever do – so you’ll want to carry a wall plug and find an outlet near a seat or in a restaurant
- Michelle – buy a snack – you never know how long you’ll be on the flight
- Sandy – bring a refillable water bottle
Top Hotel tip?
- Rebecca – join the rewards programs and take advantage of dual reward credit earning with other travel partners like the rental car
- Michelle – ask for a better room or upgrade, the worst they can say is no
- Sandy – be aware of resort fees!
Top Road trip tip?
- Rebecca – look at the gas gauge to know which side to fuel up your rental car
- Michelle – take lots of snacks, especially for driving at night
- Sandy – Look for fun opportunities to make fun pit stops along the way at unique places
Ugh, yeah…it’s a thing. A sad phenomenon that seems to likely be growing.
Here is the best advice we found on how to guard against being secretly filmed at a hotel or rental: https://www.smartertravel.com/2018/03/14/check-hidden-cameras-hotel-vacation-rental/
You don’t know what is possible until you ask. When checking in, see if there are options to upgrade for a better view. Often there is a cost, and you might find it’s not worth it. But sometimes the upgrades are complementary so it never hurts to ask!
Why miss out on the beach view, if you can help it!
This may sound like super odd advice, but I was so thankful the cruise line gave us a heads up before we disembarked at Cuba. Sadly most charter buses (cruise excursions, included) and restaurants in Cuba did not have toilet paper. Also, many tourist stops and restaurants charged a dollar for access to a bathroom. Best to be prepared and carry a roll with you!
All airlines, hotels, airports, etc now have Twitter and they usually monitor it something fierce.
Before you waste a lot of time standing in line to rebook a flight, as a example, hop on Twitter and send the airline customer service a note. In our experience the issue was resolved 2x faster than waiting in a physical line at the airport.