- Hiroshima Peace Museum– Photo below is of the one building left partially standing after the explosion. It has been reinforced and now serves as a visual reminder of the devastation caused by an atomic bomb.
- Kabuki Performance– Kabuki is a classical Japanese dance-drama. Kabuki theatre is known for the stylization of its drama and for the elaborate make-up worn by some of its performers.
- Kamogawa Odori Performance Kyoto– No photos can be taken during the show. This photo is of the advertisement hanging outside the venue.
- Nippon Professional Baseball- In Japan they have “beer girls” who run up and down the stadium offering beer for purchase.
- Beautiful Buddhist Temple Photos-
- Todaiji Temple in Nara- includes the largest indoor Buddha statueKoyasan- mountain top with 117 Buddhist Temples. We stayed overnight at Fudouin.
- Peaceful Shinto Shrine Photos-
- Photo- Small Shinto Shrine tucked into a downtown Tokyo street in the Ginza DistrictPhoto- Fushimi Inari Shrine in Kyoto is one of the most well known Japanese shrines due to its many red torii gates.
- My favorite food- souffle pancakes at A Happy Pancake (Tokyo and Osaka
Tag: global travel
Episode 23: Travel to Japan
- Sandy’s Itinerary
- Japan Rail Pass is an economical way to travel on multiple train trips in Japan (including bullet trains). Must be purchased in advance of your trip and can be done online. A voucher will be sent to your U.S. home and then is exchanged for the actual Rail Pass in Japan. With a Rail Pass, seat reservations can be made on specific trains. Visitors can also purchase one-way/roundtrip train tickets at the train station.
The Beauty of Los Cabos Mexico
You might expect beautiful beaches and palm trees in Mexico, but how about cactus, desert and mountains? You won’t find those in Cancun! For a beautiful beach destination that also has the feel of the Arizona desert and the mountains of Southern California, check out the Los Cabos area. Located at the southern tip of the Baja Peninsula, you’ll find the beauty of Los Cabos. Enjoy lounging on the beach, sipping a cocktail at the swim up bar, snorkeling with whale sharks, whale watching from a catamaran or the nightlife of Cabo San Lucas. Regardless of your activity preferences, you’re guaranteed to be surrounded by the beauty of the area.
Episode 13: Travel Myths
Occasionally we hear things- people’s fears, their hesitations their personal
opinions- that may or may not be based on facts. In this episode, we’ll be further exploring some of these travel ideas for some Myth Busting fun!
Myths we tested on this episode:
#1: “It costs too much to travel to Europe”.
#2: “Cruises are boring. There’s nothing to do on the ship”?
#3: “Mexico is unsafe.”
#4: “Airbnb and other vacation rentals seem more complicated than booking a hotel.”
#5: “Lyft and Uber are dangerous.”
What travel myths did we miss? Please add yours below in the comments. And, we’re open to rebuttals on our “busts” above!
We’re not sponsored by nextvacay.com, but we’d be open to it! 😉 Rebecca just flew to Iceland for a bit over $200 from a deal she was made aware of by nextvacay.com. For $25/year, they alert you to awesome deals and then you book as normal through the actual airline website or your favorite booking tool. We recommend you check it out!