Spiritual Disciplines: Reading the Bible
- There are many different versions of the Bible. This might help you chose the right one for your current needs.
- We suggest you visit a Christian Bookstore or your church’s library/book store for help picking one if this is your first time reading and studying the Bible.
- Most churches offer classes and studies to help you learn the Bible in a more focused, useful way. They are usually free and you typically don’t need to be a member of the church to join in the education.
- Culture version of the Bible – example on Amazon
- YouVersion app – can switch through multiple versions of the Bible without spending money to buy each
- Daily reminder verse
- BibleGateway.com – sends email every night
- Matthew Kelly’s Best Lent ever – free daily email messages during Lent
- She reads Truth – very low cost plans tied to Christian calendar?
In this episode, the Lead.Travel.Pray. team discusses ways to create habits around prayer, gratitude and attending church. We offer suggestion based on what we have tried…and are often still failing to do. Ultimately we believe each person can and will find the spiritual discipline that fits them.
Helpful apps for prayers and devotions:
- Experiencing God by Henry Blackaby
- The Success Principles by Jack Canfield
- Walking with God by John Eldredge
- The Path by Lori Beth Jones
Additional suggested reading on the subject:
The Lead.Travel.Pray. team was excited to interview our first guest on this twelfth episode of this podcast we started exactly one year ago. Dale Kreienkamp, Author of How Long, O Lord, How Long? A Book of Devotions for the Unemployed & Those Who Love Him, joined us to talk about personal change, specifically how faith can guide us through things like unemployment.
Dale Kreienkamp is a Human Resources professional of 40 years who has served as an executive in the healthcare industry and as head of a successful consulting practice. Dale has also served as a volunteer leader on numerous boards of directors, as well as in his home church. Dale has experienced a personal journey of unemployment twice when, each time, his positions were eliminated in organizational restructuring. These personal experiences created a desire within him to help others impacted by unemployment through inspirational devotions.
Dale’s Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Book Facebook Page- https://www.facebook.com/HowLongOLord/ [Searchable Handle: How Long Oh Lord?]
LinkedIn URL – https://www.linkedin.com/in/dalekreienkamp/ [Searchable Handle: Dale Kreienkamp]
- Hawaii –
- Maui – great beaches and relaxing environment (see our Maui podcast for more details)
- Tip: take Toilet paper with you – you can’t rely on it to be available at tourist stops, restaurants or on bus tours
- Blue Lagoon hot springs
- Be prepared to pay a lot for most food; lamb and seafood are the way to go as they are native
- Indonesia – Lombok
- Black “Sand” beach
- Australia – Sydney
- Bondi Beach
- Sydney Harbor bridge climb
- French Polynesia
- Bora Bora