Ep 21. Spiritual Disciplines: Reading the Bible
Spiritual Disciplines: Reading the Bible
- There are many different versions of the Bible. This might help you chose the right one for your current needs.
- We suggest you visit a Christian Bookstore or your church’s library/book store for help picking one if this is your first time reading and studying the Bible.
- Most churches offer classes and studies to help you learn the Bible in a more focused, useful way. They are usually free and you typically don’t need to be a member of the church to join in the education.
- Culture version of the Bible – example on Amazon
- YouVersion app – can switch through multiple versions of the Bible without spending money to buy each
- Daily reminder verse
- BibleGateway.com – sends email every night
- Matthew Kelly’s Best Lent ever – free daily email messages during Lent
- She reads Truth – very low cost plans tied to Christian calendar?
Episode 20: Spiritual Gifts – Part 1
In this episode, the Lead.Travel.Pray. team discusses ways to create habits around prayer, gratitude and attending church. We offer suggestion based on what we have tried…and are often still failing to do. Ultimately we believe each person can and will find the spiritual discipline that fits them.
Helpful apps for prayers and devotions:
Episode 15: Calling
Romans 8:28 All things work together for good for those who love God who are called according to His purpose.
Calling Defined: (1) a strong inner impulse toward a particular course of action, especially when accompanied by conviction of divine influence. (2) Vocation or profession in which one customarily engages
4-H Motto: To Make the Best Better
Check out the amazing work being done at Connections to Success: https://connectionstosuccess.org/ To support the work of Kathy Lambert and her CtS team, donate here: Donate Now | Connections to Success
- Experiencing God by Henry Blackaby
- The Success Principles by Jack Canfield
- Walking with God by John Eldredge
- The Path by Lori Beth Jones
Author Recommendation: John Maxwell
Episode 14: Work-life Integration
Additional suggested reading on the subject: