Spiritual Disciplines: Reading the Bible
- There are many different versions of the Bible. This might help you chose the right one for your current needs.
- We suggest you visit a Christian Bookstore or your church’s library/book store for help picking one if this is your first time reading and studying the Bible.
- Most churches offer classes and studies to help you learn the Bible in a more focused, useful way. They are usually free and you typically don’t need to be a member of the church to join in the education.
- Culture version of the Bible – example on Amazon
- YouVersion app – can switch through multiple versions of the Bible without spending money to buy each
- Daily reminder verse
- BibleGateway.com – sends email every night
- Matthew Kelly’s Best Lent ever – free daily email messages during Lent
- She reads Truth – very low cost plans tied to Christian calendar?
In this episode, the Lead.Travel.Pray. team discusses ways to create habits around prayer, gratitude and attending church. We offer suggestion based on what we have tried…and are often still failing to do. Ultimately we believe each person can and will find the spiritual discipline that fits them.
Helpful apps for prayers and devotions:
- Experiencing God by Henry Blackaby
- The Success Principles by Jack Canfield
- Walking with God by John Eldredge
- The Path by Lori Beth Jones
Additional suggested reading on the subject: