LeadTravelPray.com is the brain child of Michelle, Rebecca & Sandy who were fortunate to land on the same work team about a decade ago. We have remained great friends and are excited for this opportunity to share our passions of leadership and travel in a way that also allows us to share how faith plays a major role in each of our lives.
Michelle works as consultant who helps leaders develop through coaching, development programs, and psychological assessments. Her passion is helping people realize their potential by understanding who they are and where they want to be. In her free time she loves to travel to see new places, and visit family and friends. You can frequently find her enjoying good food and a glass of wine or beer with friends. She is part of a wonderful bible study group where she continues to grow in her relationship with God.
- Favorite leadership author: Brene Brown
- Favorite place traveled: French Polynesia/Bora Bora
- Favorite Bible verse: Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
- Super Power: Guessing gifts from friends
- Motto: Be the change you want to see
Rebecca leads global talent management, learning, leadership development and change at a manufacturing organization in Carmel, Indiana. Rebecca has degrees in math education, instructional systems technology and organization development. If she could be a full time, lifelong student, she would in a heart beat. Rebecca enjoys spending time with family including her husband, Sean, and kiddos.
- Favorite leadership author: Simon Sinek
- Favorite place traveled: Iceland’s Blue Lagoon
- Favorite Bible verse: Proverbs 3:5, 6 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.
- Super Power: Well it’s definitely nothing culinary. 😉 Probably in work and play it’s translating strategy to action.
- Motto: Experiences > Things
Sandy was born at an early age. She works in Organization Effectiveness and Leadership Development for an international leisure travel company and is based in Orlando, Florida. Her educational background is in Industrial/Organizational Psychology and she has spent her career focused on maximizing talent resources in the public utility, financial services and hospitality industries. She loves to travel and always has her next vacation planned. She is proud to have carried her St. Charles City County Library card for 34 years.
- Favorite Leadership Advice: You are never done learning from others- from your boss, from your colleagues, from your team members, from your spouse, from your kids and from your Mom.
- Favorite Hawaiian Island: Maui
- Bible Verse to Keep in Mind: James 1: 2-4 (NIV) 2 Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3 because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. 4 Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.
- Super Power: Strangers are just friends I haven’t met yet.
- Lyrics That Stick With You: Sometimes I thank God for unanswered prayers, Remember when you’re talkin’ to the man upstairs, That just because he doesn’t answer doesn’t mean he don’t care, Some of God’s greatest gifts are unanswered prayers (Garth Brooks)