Top Airport tip?
- Rebecca – don’t expect USB charging ports to work – the hardly ever do – so you’ll want to carry a wall plug and find an outlet near a seat or in a restaurant
- Michelle – buy a snack – you never know how long you’ll be on the flight
- Sandy – bring a refillable water bottle
Top Hotel tip?
- Rebecca – join the rewards programs and take advantage of dual reward credit earning with other travel partners like the rental car
- Michelle – ask for a better room or upgrade, the worst they can say is no
- Sandy – be aware of resort fees!
Top Road trip tip?
- Rebecca – look at the gas gauge to know which side to fuel up your rental car
- Michelle – take lots of snacks, especially for driving at night
- Sandy – Look for fun opportunities to make fun pit stops along the way at unique places
Tag: #100days100travelTips #travel
Tip 97: Best of (part 1)
As we round out our #100traveltips, we are reflecting on our favorite trips and recapping them here.
Favorite European vacation destination?
- Rebecca – Munich, Germany Oktoberfest
- Michelle – Salzburg, Austria
- Sandy – Santorini, GreeceFavorite beach vacation destination?
- Rebecca – Catalina Island, California
- Michelle – Maui
- Sandy – Maui
Tip 98: Best of (part 2)
Hello! We are rounding out our #100traveltrips with a list of our favorites:
Road trip destination?
- Rebecca – Chicago
- Michelle – Nashville
- Sandy – MemphisCruise destination?
- Rebecca – Cuba
- Michelle – Alaska
- Sandy – The islands of French Polynsesia
Favorite trip of all time?
- Rebecca – tie between Ireland and Australia (Australia was a work trip or it would probably win hands down)
- Michelle – French Polynesia
- Sandy – Ahhh….I cannot pick one! French Polynesia, Australia and New Zealand are at the top of my list.
Tip 96: Book Spa Appointments in Advance
This is especially important if more than one of you are trying to book appointments for services at the same time. Consider booking a couple of months in advance – the more people you are booking for the earlier you should call to book. Doing this via phone rather than online can help to ensure everyone gets the correct appointments.
Also, remember to utilize an onsite spa at your hotel (or go to nearby hotel that has one) if you end up with sore muscles or get a stiff neck from sleeping in a different bed (happens to almost all of us) rather than just pushing through or taking medications. Oftentimes a quick 30 minute massage for the painful spots gets you back in business.
Tip 95: Buying Souvenirs
It can be easy to buy souvenirs for yourself of others if you collect specific trinkets such as t-shirts, bottle openers, magnets, etc. However, many people do not have collectibles and yet we want to remember the trip.
Consider buying something that you will regularly use, and it will remind you of the trip every trip you use or wear it. For example, buy jewelry native to your destination, perfume or soap that reminds you of a local scent, or a dress/shirt that will remind you of the trip.