You might expect beautiful beaches and palm trees in Mexico, but how about cactus, desert and mountains? You won’t find those in Cancun! For a beautiful beach destination that also has the feel of the Arizona desert and the mountains of Southern California, check out the Los Cabos area. Located at the southern tip of the Baja Peninsula, you’ll find the beauty of Los Cabos. Enjoy lounging on the beach, sipping a cocktail at the swim up bar, snorkeling with whale sharks, whale watching from a catamaran or the nightlife of Cabo San Lucas. Regardless of your activity preferences, you’re guaranteed to be surrounded by the beauty of the area.
We’re all looking for a good deal on airfare and today’s easy access to travel sites allows us to compare and contrast fares across airlines. Travelers may expect to tack on additional costs to the ultra low cost carriers’ tickets but beware that the basic economy tickets on major carriers may also lack some of the standard options. These lower ticket prices may include restrictions like no seat choice, no carry on baggage, no upgrades and no qualifying frequent flyer miles. Read the fine print and be sure that the airline ticket you purchase does in fact include the options that are important to you. We love a good deal at LTP, but not at the expense of our upgrade eligibility!
Do you enjoy the (usually) shorter lines and less hassle of the TSA PreCheck line? If so, you’d probably be disappointed to be declined the opportunity to enter that line because your membership expired. These memberships are only good for 5 years.
The TSA began selling PreCheck memberships in December 2013. More than 420,000 travelers signed up in the first six months, with a total of 750,000 travelers signed up in the first year. This means that thousands of memberships are expiring each month this year. Most users can renew their membership for $85 through an easy online process and memberships can be renewed up to 6 months in advance of the expiration date. To learn more, check out the TSA website .
- Plan your route ahead of time
- Leverage GPS
- Audio book options- Libby & Overdrive
- Renting movies & TV shows is also an option on iTunes
- Download movies before your trip – you’ll likely need WIFI to do the download
- Road trip games – apps & bingo cards
- Pack headphones if you want to listen or watch something different from your fellow travelers
- See past posts for more tips
- Snacks – we like a variety of healthy (nuts & fruit) and unhealthy (soda & candy)
- Yelp & Open Table are good for restaurant recommendations
- Each kid might like their own snack bin – like a personalized kid bento box
- Starbucks has nice protein snack pack options
Safety tip – For long trips, you might want to get a tune-up and have your car checked over by a professional before heading out.
More #roadtrip posts from our #100days100traveltips series.