Thanks for helping us celebrate the last of our #100days100traveltips
Here’s a quick summary of our favorites:
Top booking/reservation tip?
- Rebecca – when using discount sites, like Priceline, be aware of the cancellation policies as many are non-refundable
- Michelle – no need to get insurance through rental car companies; your insurance should cover you
- Sandy – booking directly through the provider (as opposed to a wholesaler) is helpful if reservation changes need to be made laterTop travel technology tip?
- Rebecca – Hotel electronic keys via your phone are becoming more common and are very convenient
- Michelle – make sure you have chargers and if you forgot it they have extras at hotels
- Sandy – keep a small travel technology bag stocked with extra charging cords, a back up portable charger and earbudsTop global travel tip?
- Rebecca – Google translate is amazing, especially for visually translating menus and signs
- Michelle – Exchange roughly $200 USD and make sure you get some small bills/coins to use right away
- Sandy – Explore your international calling/data plan options before you travel internationally