- What is Emotional Intelligence or EQ?
- Why does it matter?
- Components of Emotional Intelligence
- Self Awareness – recognize moods, emotions and drives
- Self-Regulation – control/re-direct disruptive impulses and moods; think before act
- How to develop Self-Regulation: WAIT – Why Am I Talking?
- Motivation – passion to work for reasons beyond money & status
- How to develop Motivation: Reframing – finding the good in difficult situations/interaction
- Empathy – understand emotional makeup of others; treating people according to emotional reactions
- Orange is the new Black features Emotional Intelligence 2.0 (see what other leadership books they are reading on the show)
- Roots of Empathy – Roots of Empathy’s mission is to build caring, peaceful, and civil societies through the development of empathy in children and adults.
- Social Skills – managing relationships and building networks; find & build rapport
- Emotional Intelligence benefits of travel
- Faith’s role in emotional intelligence
1 thought on “Episode 2: Emotional Intelligence”
I was not familiar with the term Emotional Intelligence prior to listening to your post. I found it very interesting and enlightening. Listening to your conversation was a way to do a self evaluation of my own EQ. I did recognize myself in some of your examples; also recognized some other people. I especially liked the ideas of turning your burden to a blessing and starting your day off with a positive practice that sets the tone for your day. Another good job, Ladies!