- Sandy’s Itinerary
- Japan Rail Pass is an economical way to travel on multiple train trips in Japan (including bullet trains). Must be purchased in advance of your trip and can be done online. A voucher will be sent to your U.S. home and then is exchanged for the actual Rail Pass in Japan. With a Rail Pass, seat reservations can be made on specific trains. Visitors can also purchase one-way/roundtrip train tickets at the train station.
Ep 22. Spiritual Disciplines: Getting Involved
- You can get involved to share a talent, such as on a church committee like Finance or Staff Relations, or to learn through book and Bible studies.
- Examples ways and places to volunteer:
- Taking treats to local service people & first responders
Ep 21. Spiritual Disciplines: Reading the Bible
Spiritual Disciplines: Reading the Bible
- There are many different versions of the Bible. This might help you chose the right one for your current needs.
- We suggest you visit a Christian Bookstore or your church’s library/book store for help picking one if this is your first time reading and studying the Bible.
- Most churches offer classes and studies to help you learn the Bible in a more focused, useful way. They are usually free and you typically don’t need to be a member of the church to join in the education.
- Culture version of the Bible – example on Amazon
- YouVersion app – can switch through multiple versions of the Bible without spending money to buy each
- Daily reminder verse
- BibleGateway.com – sends email every night
- Matthew Kelly’s Best Lent ever – free daily email messages during Lent
- She reads Truth – very low cost plans tied to Christian calendar?
The Beauty of Los Cabos Mexico
You might expect beautiful beaches and palm trees in Mexico, but how about cactus, desert and mountains? You won’t find those in Cancun! For a beautiful beach destination that also has the feel of the Arizona desert and the mountains of Southern California, check out the Los Cabos area. Located at the southern tip of the Baja Peninsula, you’ll find the beauty of Los Cabos. Enjoy lounging on the beach, sipping a cocktail at the swim up bar, snorkeling with whale sharks, whale watching from a catamaran or the nightlife of Cabo San Lucas. Regardless of your activity preferences, you’re guaranteed to be surrounded by the beauty of the area.
Episode 20: Spiritual Gifts – Part 1
In this episode, the Lead.Travel.Pray. team discusses ways to create habits around prayer, gratitude and attending church. We offer suggestion based on what we have tried…and are often still failing to do. Ultimately we believe each person can and will find the spiritual discipline that fits them.
Helpful apps for prayers and devotions: